Say goodbye to boring Meatless Monday dishes and hello to bright, enticing, and exciting bowls of flavor! Try this super simple, and super tasty, recipe for fresh take on an already-favored vegetarian classic. The addition of Carrots and Cashews give these Chickpea, Falafel’s main ingredient, patties a slightly sweet and slightly nutty character that balances out perfectly with Tahini. Scroll all the way down for recipe.
Baked Veggie Falafel Salad Bowl
1 400mL cooked Chickpeas
1 C raw Cashews
1 C shredded Carrots
7 sprigs Parsley
½ small Onion
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. Tahini
3 Ybsp. Chickpea Flour
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Zest from 1 Lemon
S+P to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add the parsley to a food processor and chop.
- Add the Cashews, chop, blend, and pulse until the Cashews and Parsley become a fine meal.
- Add the Onion, Garlic, Lemon zest, Chickpea Flour, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper, process until combined.
- Finally, add the Chickpeas and Tahini. Mix until thick paste forms.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out some paste and roll into a ball.
- Flatten the Falafel ball with your fingers and place it on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat until you’ve formed all paste into balls
- Place them in the oven for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Serve on a bed of mixed Lettuces, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Cabbage, and top with Annie’s Greek Goddess Dressing.