Adapted from Itsy Bitsy Indulgences
Say hello to chili season with this hearty and healthy vegetarian recipe. It’s packed full of a protein rich combination of beans and quinoa, so even the most serious carnivores will feel full and satisfied. Try topping with organic shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, and come crumbled sourdough bread from Zingerman’s Bakehouse.
Hearty Vegetarian Chili
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 16oz. cans of kidney beans (pour in with liquid)
- 2 16oz. cans of white beans (pour in with liquid)
- 2 16oz. cans of pinto beans (drained, then poured into pot)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 16.oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Zingerman’s Sourdough Bread
- Heat oil, and then sauté onions until they are translucent
- Toss in beans, tomatoes, quinoa, + all the spices. Bring to a boil.
- Cover + simmer for about 20-30 minutes (stir frequently), or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Serve + enjoy with desired toppings