Good quality Irish butter is the key to this simple dish.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted Irish butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves or flat-leaf parsley leaves
In a steamer basket set over simmering water, steam the carrots, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the carrots to a serving dish.
Melt the butter, then toss with the carrots along with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle the carrots with the thyme and celery leaves. Serve.