Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Just one bite will have you craving these tacos all Summer long!
Serves: 5 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 to 10 (6 inch) flour or corn tortillas
For the marinade:
- Juice of 2 limes + zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
For the coleslaw:
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
For the avocado crema:
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ to ½ cup water (depending on consistency)
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or bowl.
- To make the marinade, whisk together lime juice, zest, olive oil, garlic, honey, and cilantro until combined and pour over top of chicken until completely coated. Cover and marinate chicken for about 4 hours to overnight.
- To make the coleslaw, combine cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey and salt and toss together with slaw mixture.
- To make the avocado crema, combine the avocado, garlic, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, sriracha and salt/pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and water until smooth until you have your desired consistency.
- To cook the chicken, pre-heat outdoor grill or grill pan on medium-high heat and add marinated chicken breasts. Sprinkle with a little salt and cook chicken about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting. This keeps them juicy!
- To assemble the tacos, place chicken in a tortilla and top with slaw and a drizzle of the avocado crema. Serve with a fresh squeeze of lime and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 tacos • Calories: 413 • Fat: 19.2 g • Saturated Fat: 4.2 g • Carbs: 60 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 36.2 g • Sugar: 4.2 g
Recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny