2013 Lewelling Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena, Napa Valley
Winemaker Notes: Bouquet: A blend of black cherry, blackberry, vanilla and sweet smoke aromas.
Flavor: Enticing blackberry, cherry and cassis fruit mixed with spice and licorice; substantial, velvety tannins, marvellous texture and a lengthy finish.
- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Production: 786 Cases
- pH: 3.82
- TA (g/100ml): 0.60
- Harvest Date: September 25, 2013
- Brix: 27.4
- Aging: 18 months in 70% new French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 6, 2015
- Release Date: September 15, 2016
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - "The inky purple 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon displays plenty of classic creme de cassis and lead pencil shavings along with some licorice, charcoal and vanilla notes. It is full-bodied and opulent, with good integration of sweet tannin and bright acids. This wine is still young but approachable, and certainly capable of evolving for 10-15+ years. Very Pauillac-like (as usual), the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Wight has a similar character, with loads of creme de cassis, smoke, licorice and graphite as well as a full-bodied texture, dense, rich fruit, impressive purity and ripe tannin. This is a beauty. Give it several more years of bottle age and drink it over the following two decades. Both are exceptional wines and realistically priced for high-end, world-class Napa wines."
|Country||USA - California|
|Grape Varietals||Cabernet Sauvignon|