2016 Cayuse God Only Knows Grenache Walla Walla
Winemaker Notes: Intensely fruity on the nose, with spicy flavors that follow and expand across the palate. This has excellent grip and depth, along with balancing acidity and structure. Plum, kirsch and concentrated cherry flavors pop out. It's a wine of refined power.
Jeb Dunnuck - "The 2016 God Only Knows saw a fair amount of stems (60-80%) and was brought up in neutral demi-muids and foudre. It's incredibly complex, offering blackberry, smoked earth, Iberico ham, white pepper, spring flowers, and violets. It's seamless, ultra-pure, medium-bodied, and just glides across the palate and has a Burgundian weight and richness. 535 cases."
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - "Featuring a playful label, the 2016 Grenache God Only Knows Armada Vineyard is a blend of 90% Grenache, with the remaining 10% comprising unknown varieties. This has a seductive nose of cherry and wild strawberry, with a floral essence and rich minerality, tamed by soft red spices. There is a touch of black pepper here, suggesting a splash of Syrah in the blend. The wine is tight on the palate but gives pleasure on many different levels, as it has both breadth and depth. There is a focused core of rocky minerality to the wine as it lingers on the long, textured finish with good balance and structured tannins. This is impressive juice! Only 535 cases produced."
|Country||USA - Washington|
|Region||Walla Walla Valley|