Drappier Rose de Saignee Brut with Gift Box
Winemaker Notes: Very well structured, with exemplary purity of red fruits. A striking Champagne on the nose offering sensations on the palate. Warm and satiny, lightly spiced with balanced hints of stone fruits thanks to a lovely freshness in the finish. Ideal as an aperitif. Perfect with antipasti, salmon en papillotte, grilled pink lamb, strawberry salad. Serve at 45°F.
Wine Spectator - “A graceful rosé that’s lacy and airy in texture, with finely knit acidity enlivening the flavors of ripe cherry and strawberry fruit and lemon chiffon, accented by hints of smoke and spice. Drink now through 2022.”
Michel Drappier is the seventh generation of the Drappier family. The family stretches back to the draper Rémy Drappier, who was born in 1604, but it was not until 1808 that François settled in Urville, in the south of Champagne, where Cistercian monks had settled in the 12th century.
When Georges Collot, the maternal grandfather of Michel Drappier, planted his rst Pinot vines in the 1930s, the neighboring winegrowers laughed at him, calling him “Father Pinot”. André and Micheline carried forward the style established by “Father Pinot” and created the prestige cuvée Carte d’Or in 1952.
Vinification of the Brut Rose cuvee
• Rosé made using the saignée method with maceration in vats lasting 3 days
• Use of gravity to avoid pumping, thus avoiding oxidiation
• Natural settling
• Alcoholic fermentation for roughly 2 weeks at low temperature
• then total and natural malolactic fermentation
• Minimal use of Sulphur
• No Filtering
• Assemblage – 100% of the wines are made in vats in order to preserve as much freshness as possible
• After bottling the cuvée is aged for 2 to 3 years sur lattes (on laths)
• Dosage: 7.5 g/l
Shop By Winery: Drappier
Shop By Region: Champagne, France
|Includes Gift Packaging||Yes|